Veterinary Formula Clinical Care
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic and Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo for Dogs contains coal tar, salicylic acid & micronized sulfur to help treat skin scaling caused by seborrhea and relieve mange and parasitic infections.
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin disorder that can be either genetic or the result of bacterial or yeast infections. Seborrheic dermatitis is characterized by the development of erythematous patches with yellow-gray scales that appear most often on the dog’s back, face and flanks. A milder variant is dandruff, which is manifested by dry, flaking scales on the skin. The extent of involvement, as well as the severity of symptoms, helps to dictate treatment.
Symptoms may include inflamed scalp, greasy or waxy skin, red skin rashes and scaly skin like dandruff. Salicylic acid, coal tar & micronized sulfur are combined together to provide powerful medications proven effective in treating seborrhea, parasitic and fungal infections. Also contains colloidal oatmeal and allantoin to hydrate skin and promote healing.
- Inflamed scalp
- Greasy or waxy skin
- Red skin rashes
- Thick crusty skin
- Itchy Flakes
- Bacterial infections
- Yeast infections
- Hereditary condition
Effectively treats and relieves skin scaling caused by seborrhea and helps relieve mange and other parasitic infections.
Powerful Active Ingredients:
- Coal Tar: Coal tar is keratoplastic (sheds dead skin cells from the top layer to allow growth of new skin cells) and is used to help alleviate dermatological issues such as itching, flaking, and scaling due to seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis.
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid is an anti-inflammatory widely used for skin-care products to treat seborrheic dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, dandruff, and even warts. It works to help shed the cells of the epidermis, allowing clogged pores to open, neutralize bacteria, and then prevents pores from re-clogging by constricting them and allowing for new cell growth.
- Micronized Sulfur: This ingredient has a variety of beneficial properties for optimizing health. It’s well-known for it’s detoxifying properties and aid to reducing chronic inflammation. Sulfur has also been used for years as a fungicide and pesticide. For pets, it’s used to help destroy ringworm, seborrhea, mange, and other dermatoses and parasites.
- Oatmeal & Allantoin: These ingredients are known to be great for hydrating the skin and promotes healing.
- Paraben–Free: Parabens have been found to mimic estrogen in the body- and when levels are disrupted, a link has developed with breast cancer & reproductive issues. All our formulas are Paraben-Free, to promote the safety, well-being and health of your pet.
- Soap–Free: Only the gentlest, naturally derived cleansers are used in our formulas. Contains no harsh soaps or damaging detergents.
- pH Balanced: Pet’s sensitive skin requires pH balanced treatment. Human shampoos are formulated at a lower pH (more acidic) -and should not be used on your pet.
- Spot–on–Safe: Will not wash away topical spot-on flea & tick treatments.
- Bi-Lingual & Spanish Packaging
Note: Due to its coal tar content, we do not recommend its use on cats.
Wet coat and apply shampoo generously. Work into a thick lather, massaging into the coat to thoroughly saturate skin. Allow to remain on pet 10-15 minutes. Rinse well. Initially, shampoo pet 2-3 times weekly. As skin condition improves, frequency of use can be lessened. For topical use only on dogs over 12 weeks of age. Avoid contact with eyes. If irritation develops, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian. Not safe for cats.
Purified Water, Proprietary Surfactant Blend, Acrylates Copolymer, Coal Tar Solution, Salicylic Acid, Micronized Sulfur, Fragrance, Colloidal Oatmeal USP, Allantoin, Preservative, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.
PRECAUTIONS & STORAGE
Precautions: Avoid contact with eyes. If irritation develops, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes.
Storage: Store in the original container in a dry, cool place, and away from sunlight, at a temperature below 86°F or 30°C.
Do not use on cats
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.